Development Skills (SEEDS2) is a Capacity Building project within the framework of the European Commission’s Erasmus + Programme. SEEDS2 project aims to contribute to the development of the social economy thinking and social entrepreneurial approach for young people, to help them to become more aware that everybody can be the change factor and that social aims and business can be connected.
The project brings together 8 organisations, 4 from Europe (Italy, Finland, Turkey and Spain) and 4 from Latin America (Peru, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina) willing to promote the concept and practice of social economy among the local communities and the NGOs involved.
• develop models, shared by all partners, to fight unemployment by inspiring young people to create and support projects of Social Entrepreneurship;
• provide young people with positive learning experience based on Non Formal Education, intercultural learning, peer to peer education and active participation;
• improve the sustainability of partner organizations by increasing their resources in terms of local volunteers and operational capacity;
• develop a promotional strategy able to make the project website becoming a benchmark on Social Entrepreneurship and models to train new comers on Social Entrepreneurship.
• increase competences of staff members of partner organisation in the management and facilitation of a Training of Multipliers, 2 Youth Exchanges and 6 local trainings on Social Entrepreneurship;
• create 1 module of Youth Exchange to inspire young people on Social Entrepreneurship in international context and to test the single methodologies for implementation at local level;
• involve local stakeholders to the local trainings and promotional events, in order to get co-funding and support and to reinforce networking;
• implement local trainings based on Non Formal Education on Social Entrepreneurship with goals adapted to the different participants and local realities;
• reinforce the partnership between project partners and expand their network through the involvement of the local stakeholders;
• train partners from Latin America countries on the approach and methodologies of Youth Exchange in the framework of Erasmus+ and all partners to create a Youth Exchanges module on Social Entrepreneurship able to inspire young people and to guarantee multiplying effect;
• disseminate the project’s results and best practices at local and international level using innovative media like educational videos of the project, its results and to allow others to replicate the modules and methodologies;